KGX/KWXY Shameless Big Money Cash Giveaway
Official Contest Rules
These contest rules are specific to the above contest conducted by Desert Broadcasters LLC d/b/a KGX and KWXY radio (collectively, the “Station”). Except to the extent specifically set forth below with respect to this specific contest, the Station’s general contest rules apply to this contest as well. A copy of these specific contest rules and the Station’s general contest rules are available at the Station’s studio at 68700 Dinah Shore Drive, Cathedral City, CA 92234 during regular business hours and on the contest page on the Station’s website at www.920kgx.com and www.kwyx.com . To the extent that the general contest rules differ from these rules, these rules will govern and control with respect to this Contest.
1. Residency requirement. All winners must be a permanent resident of the Greater Coachella Valley area. This contest is not open to visitors, seasonal residents, or residents of cities or towns outside the Palm Springs MSA. Winner can establish residency status through State-issued ID (Driver's License or ID Card), Voter Registration Card or Voter records in Riverside County ( http://www.voteinfo.net/AmIRegistered/ ).
2. Entry/Winning. No purchase is necessary to enter or win. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in Station’s general contest rules, there is no limit to the number of persons in the same family/household from winning in this Contest. However, a person can only win only one time and win only one prize in this Contest. Once a person becomes a potential winner then they are not eligible to win any other prize in this Contest.
3. To enter and win: (a) Beginning April 2, 2018, weekdays during the 7am, 12noon and 5pm hours through the earlier of (a) June 20, 2018 or (b) the time and date when Station has announced a total of $10,000 in prizes to potential On-Air Winners (as defined below) (“On-Air Contest Period”), a Station personality will announce a designated serial number (each, a “Designated Serial Number”), which shall always include no less than three (3) and no more than ten (10) digits and may at times include the number sequence “991” (KGX) or “923” (KWXY) in either any order, or that precise consecutive order. All of the numbers announced in the Designated Serial Number must be in precise order announced on-air and consecutively in that order on the winning dollar bill (if any). At the time of each announcement of the Designated Serial Number, we will announce the pre-determined cash prize value associated with that announced Designated Serial Number (the announcement of the “Designated Serial Number” with the announcement of the pre-determined cash prize value associated with the “Designated Serial Number” shall be collectively referred to hereafter as the “Contest Announcement”). The first caller on Station’s contest line at (760)325-8884 or within one hour after the Contest Announcement is made who claims to have a United States one dollar bill with the announced Designated Serial Number shall win the pre-determined cash prize value associated with that Designated Serial Number, subject to confirmation by Station that they have a United States one dollar bill with the Designated Serial Number (see details in Prize Section below), residency requirement, eligibility, and compliance with these Contest rules (each, an “On-Air Winner” and collectively, the “On-Air Winners”). Station is not responsible to other callers or other contestant if a potential On-Air Winner claims to have a dollar bill with the Designated Serial Number but they do not. There will be no replay of a Contest Announcement or play of the game if/when Station becomes aware that such potential On-Air Winner does not have the proper bill and no prize will be awarded for that play of the game. If Station does not receive a call from a contestant claiming he or she has a United States one dollar bill with the Designated Serial Number within one hour of the Contest Announcement then that Contest play will be immediately over and there will be no On-Air Winner for that Contest play and no cash prize awarded for that Contest play. If there is no potential On-Air Winner for a particular Contest play then the Contest will continue at the next scheduled day and time during the On-Air Contest Period (as applicable) and Station reserves the right (but is not obligated) to re-use that same Designated Serial Number in which there was no On-Air Winner declared again for a subsequent Contest play. The decision on a play-by-play basis of how many digits will be required to match the Designated Serial Number will be in Station’s sole discretion and will be based on any factor the Station deems desirable, including value of the cash prize value associated with that Designated Serial Number. Higher cash prize values may, at the Station’s sole discretion, have a greater amount of numbers in their associated Designated Serial Number.
4. The prize assigned to each Contest Announcement will be no less than $100 and no more than $5,000. Up to a maximum of 40 winners will win a cash prize associated with a Designated Serial Number via this method of contesting in this Contest. The total aggregate amount of cash prizes available via this method of contesting is a minimum of $10,000. WARNING: Online listeners to streamed broadcasts may experience a lag in transmissions due to buffering limitations. Contest Participants should not rely on streamed broadcasts.
5. During the On-Air Contest Period, the Station will have Station appearances where it will conduct a dollar bill exchange while supplies last. The location, date and time of the appearances will be announced on the Station at least 3 days prior to the appearance. Listeners can visit the Station appearance and exchange a one (1) United States dollar bill at any one appearance for one (1) United States dollar bill with the number sequence “991” (KGX) or “923” (KWXY) in the serial number, while supplies last only. The Station will maintain a list of the serial numbers of all of the dollar bills that it gives out during the exchange. At various times throughout the On-Air Contest Period (at least once but the total number of times will be determined by Station in its sole discretion), the Station will randomly select a serial number from that list and will announce a portion of that serial number as the Designated Serial Number. EXCHANGING A DOLLAR BILL WITH STATION AT ONE OF THESE EVENTS COULD INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING IN THE ON-AIR PORTION OF THIS CONTEST.
6. During the Contest Period, if you have a United States one dollar bill with the number sequence “991” (KGX) or “923” (KWXY) in the serial number go to the Station website 920kgx.com or kwxy.com , click on the contest graphic or contest tab, and follow the links to enter your name, phone number, address and serial number in the Contest. YOU MUST ACTUALLY HAVE THAT BILL IN YOUR POSSESSION AND PRESENT IT TO THE STATION IF YOU ARE A POTENTIAL ON-AIR WINNER IN ORDER TO WIN ANY PRIZE IN THIS CONTEST. At various times throughout the On-Air Contest Period, the Station will randomly select at least two (2) but no more than ten (10) eligible serial number from all of the serial numbers submitted online and will announce a portion of that serial number as the Designated Serial Number.
7. Station is not responsible in any way for the acts of contestants. Contestants must comply with all federal, state and local laws and regulations. ANY CONTESTANT WHO STATION DETERMINES HAS OR MAY HAVE BROKEN ANY FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL LAW AS PART OF PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY DISQUALIFIED. Contestants must not harm or endanger themselves or other persons or property. Any contestant that Station determines may have created a public hazard, caused interference with or destruction of property and/or utilized public safety resources will be disqualified.
8. Station reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any contestant who has cheated, failed to provide a claimed prize-winning Dollar Bill, or any other suspected fraudulent activity.
9. Prizes. On-Air Winner Cash Prizes: There will be up to 40 On-Air Winners. Each verified On-Air Winner will win the designated cash prize associated with their Designated Serial Number when they called in to win. Each On-Air Winner must claim their designated cash prize within three (3) business days following the date of winning (e.g., an On-Air Winner who wins on a Monday must claim their prize by close of business the following Thursday, while an On-Air Winner who wins on a Friday must claim their prize by close of business the following Wednesday). In order to claim their prize, an On-Air Winner must present the original winning United States dollar bill for verification in person to a designated Station representative at the Station’s studio at 68700 Dinah Shore Drive, Cathedral City, CA 92234 between the hours of 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday through Friday (excluding holidays). Once an On-Air Winner is verified, a company check in the amount of that On-Air Winner’s designated cash prize will be mailed to such On-Air Winner or made available for pick-up at Station’s studios (as may be determined by Station) within thirty (30) days. In the event that the Cash Winner fails to present their bill within such three (3) business day period or if the Station cannot verify the Designated Serial Number, such person will not be a Cash Winner shall forfeit the Prize and no new Cash Winner of such prize shall be chosen. Checks will be made payable to On-Air Winner only. Winners are responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes.
10. STATION RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REQUIRE ANY WINNER IN THIS CONTEST TO ACCOMPANY A STATION REPRESENTATIVE TO A BANK OF STATION’S CHOOSING IN THE PALM SPRINGS AREA TO VERIFY THAT THE DOLLAR BILL IS GENUINE. Station is not obligated to require all potential winners to do so nor to treat all dollar bills equally.
11. Sponsor. The sponsor of this contest is Desert Broadcasters LLC.